2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup chopped, microwaved potato
1 cup corn
2 cups diced chicken
1 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 cups Chicken Stock
1 cups white flour + 1 cup whole grain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
5 tbsp. melted Butter or Margarine
3 Tbsp. ice water
Directions Preheat oven 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Combine ingredients for pastry. Roll out dough. Cut 6 circles, 2 inches larger than cupcake tin and place in tin. Use remaining pieces for topping.
- Cook celery, carrots and onion in 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Add diced microwaved potato and corn, heat thoroughly.
- Cook diced chicken in 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Add seasonings and mix well. Add flour and stir until meat is throughly coated.
- Slowly add 1 cup chicken stock and bring to a slow boil until stock is thickened.
- Add vegetables and slowly add remaining 1 cup chicken stock. Heat thoroughly.
- Evenly spoon in heated mixture into each pastry lined muffin tin.
- Top with criss cross strips of diagonally cut pastry remains.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for 5-10 minutes longer.
425 calories, 15 gms fat, 3 gms saturated fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 45 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm fiber, 26 gm protein,53% Vitamin A, 12% Vitamin D, 11% Calcium, 15% Selenium 9% iron, 11 Weight Watchers Points.
Compared to a Marie Callender’s Chicken Pot Pie 760 calories, 42 gms fat, 16 gms saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 1,480 mg sodium, 76 gms carbohydrate, 8 grams fiber, 22 grams protein.