This entree is great served hot or cold, is a perfect dinner, appetizer or tailgate dish that appeals to all ages. It’s a rich source of calcium and has 4 food groups in every bite.
- 4 Green Apples, sliced thin (may sub Honeycrisp, Fuji or Bartlett Pears) Some people choose to drizzle these with a little honey and cinnamon when sauteeing.
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda, shredded (may sub Smoked Provolone Pepperjack or Sharp Cheddar)
- ¼ cup sweet onion,
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 8 ounces honey ham, cut extra thin(omit for a vegetarian friendly version) or 2 slices diced bacon
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8, taco size, Azteca No Preservative, flour tortillas
- Heat extra virgin olive oil. Cook onions and apples on 1 half and heat ham on other half. Remove from heat.
- Stack base of flour tortilla with ham or bacon, onion, spinach and apple mixture. Top with shredded cheese and tortilla.
- Grill for 3 minutes on each side on low heat. Cut into 6 wedges and enjoy!
I’m a fan of the Azteca No Artificial Preservative, flour tortillas because they contain no artificial colors or flavors and no high fructose corn syrup and are only 140 calories each. They are only found in the refrigerator section of your grocery store, where freshness lives.
Full Disclosure: Azteca provided free samples of this product for review. AD