Take the heat out of your kitchen and onto the grill with this spicy, sweet kabob. Served on a crunchy bed of Asian Salad, it’s a complete meal for under 350 calories/serving. Any leftovers are perfect your next day’s lunch as the cabbage salad hold up well.
Ingredients: (Makes 6 kabobs)
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Crushed
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper, Flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 1 pound Chicken, sliced 1/2 inch thin strips
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, saving chicken for last. Let sit for 1 hour covered.
- Lightly oil grates to allow for easier cleaning.
- Skewer meat and cook on medium heat grill for 6-8 minutes on each side or until done.
Serve on a bed of Asian Salad. Ingredients: Chopped romaine, red and green cabbage, shredded carrots, sliced green onions and slivered almonds mixed with orange sesame dressing.
Nutrition Information (includes 1.5 cups salad): 350 calories, 23 grams carbohydrate, 25 grams protein, 18 grams fat, 3 gram saturated fat, 400 milligrams sodium, 3 grams fiber, 40% Daily Value for Vitamin A, 30% Vitamin C, 11% Iron