Mango salsa is a year round recipe favorite that has a sweet twist and a jalapeño kick, making it a creative alternative to traditional salsa. Enjoy This healthy, colorful topping on skirt steak, chicken or fish on the grill or serve as a fruity dip for chips. Make from scratch or try these prep short cuts.
Traditional OR Shortcut
Makes 6 Servings
- 1 pealed, chopped mango OR 1 cup frozen cubed mango
- 1 cup, diced pineapple OR 1 cup, canned, drained pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1 plum tomato, seeded OR 1/2 cup canned, drained tomatoes diced
- 3 Tbsp. freshly minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped OR 8 slices of jalapeños from the jar, finely chopped
- 1 lime juice, fresh squeezed OR 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
50 calories, 0 gms fat, 0.5 gms protein, 12 gms carbohydrate, 1.5 gms fiber, 80% DV Vitamin C, 20% Vitamin A
Congrats! You have now covered 1/2 your plate with fruits and vegetables!